Thursday, November 3, 2011

Zumba

Ouch, I hurt! After a busy morning & a full afternoon, I was very tempted to back out of attending the Zumba class my friend had invited me to, but I made myself go. I've attended some dance workout classes before, so I am familiar with some of the steps they did, but I have no dance flair! And I don't know how they get their bodies to shake & shimmy like that! It reminded me of the time I tried a belly dancing class at the YMCA--epic fail. My hips & shoulders have never learned to cooperate. I try to shake the top and the bottom moves; I have a little better success with the hips, but nothing like the girls in this class. It was all I could do to mimic the feet movements. I managed to follow along fairly well, and I tried to keep moving throughout so that it would be a true workout. I am now thoroughly tired and I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow! Hopefully the next time I go I'll be able to add arm movements and (eventually) torso? It's gonna take a lot to teach this white girl new tricks, but I'm up for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment