Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Today did not go as expected. And after the day I had yesterday, I'm cutting myself some slack. Yesterday I was up at 8 and was busy all day until 9PM doing one thing after another. So my "downtime" last night lasted until after midnight. I'm a night owl anyway, so staying up late is easy and getting up early is hard (not that 8AM is early...) So did I get up at 8 today as planned? No. Did I exercise today? YES!!!! After a late start and some much needed coffee (side note: I love my new coffee grinder! Fresh ground has a whole added layer of flavor! Mmmmmmmm) I hit the Wii for a Body Test and...WHAT!?!?! I GAINED after yesterday's workout! How can his be?! Weeellllllll, I did eat @ Panera for lunch yesterday (and not the healthiest choice either); and I did have a late night snack of Teddy Grahams (I wasn't counting either). This just reinforces what I know (but like to "forget" sometimes). Just because I exercise doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want. The gain just gave me an extra kick in the rear to work out for real today. Worked out all on the Wii because it's nasty smoky outside this morning. I did 5 yoga moves interspersed with the 5 suggested strength training exercises for a total of 21 min of warm-up/strength exercises. Then I did 15 minutes of aerobics: hula hoop (don't laugh until you try it!), boxing, and step. Then a quick cool down with some balance games and a zen meditation...thingy. I don't really know what to call that Wii Fit option. All in all I put in 45 minutes on the Wii Fit clock today. And I'm dedicated to eating health today, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. 177.9, 23

No comments:

Post a Comment